Thursday 12 December 2013

[ Burial - Rival Dealer ]

It's been a year since we last heard from Burial, a.k.a William Bevan. His last release Truant/Rough Sleeper, came out at the end of 2012, and it's obvious that since then William still hasn't left his bedroom.

'Burial, in recent years, has been welcomed to a secret society. It’s a beta boys club that hates the outside world, and its other members – Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada to name two – are few. That’s right, it’s the Society of Electronic Recluses Fawned Over By Total Fucking Nutjobs.'
Tom Lea - FACT Mag

The EP has received some very mixed reviews, and I'm pretty sure FACT Mag's Tom Lea has had a pretty shite week but I have to say that I like it. Though I suppose you could probably call me one of those total fucking nutjobs that loves Boards of Canada. Anyway, some good news, you can already stream it online! There are a number of uploads on YouTube, but alas for those of you, like me, who are Deutschland based this listening base has been quashed by the ever-wonderful GEMA. Thankfully I did find the EP on SoundCloud so all is not lost. December 16th will mark the release of his latest mind-bending soundscape titled 'Rival Dealer' and the EP will be available on 180g 12" vinyl as well as on CD.



No comments:

Post a Comment